Monday, May 19, 2008

Out the Back of the Internet!!!

Hmmm, as someone who has been slack for these past few weeks I will return to the work that I should have done.!.!

I will start with Week 11 and keep writing backwards!!!

What have I found...

The definition of neologism coined by Bruce Sterling!!

Bruce Sterling, a man born in Brownsville, 14th April 1954. He started writing when he was 12 and his father believed that it was a "a frank bid for attention". Together with a bunch of other collaboraters he wrote a book called Cheap Truth where they mocked the science fiction establishment and demanded a more culturally relevant approach to the genre. Their viewpoint became known as "cyberpunk".

Along with a bunch of others they became quite famous and well known within this movement of cyberpunks. After publishing Hacker Crackdown Sterling released the work in free electronic form to help the internet when it was first beginning.
RFID - Radio Frequency Identification
This is an automatic identification method which relies on storing and remotely retrieved data using devices called transponders. An RFID tag is something that can be applied to identify some living organism where it can be identified using radio waves.

How close are we to having the internet in our pockets??

The internet is something that over the course of 20 years has become very portable!! I would say that the internet is way different than it used to be!!! I would say that within the next year or two the internet will definately be in our pockets and all that!


Barriers to access Going mobile - killer app?

Mmmm, ubiquitous Internet…. I just had a look in google for something about this internet I found a really cool site on the internet about it!

http://thenextweb.org/2008/01/03/the-next-big-thing-ubiquitous-internet/

There are many different gadgets that have ubiquitous Internet. The one that I found most internesting was the Amazon Kindle. This is a gadget that not only has wireless internet connection but that it is built in and free which I guess is the separation between the gadget and mobile connection is gone! That is the ubiquitous Internet!!

Hmmm, this is me, finding
different ideas of all the work
that we did…

I thought that I would do some
Backround work of this weeks
Lectures and discussions.

No comments: